Friday, August 27, 2004

sweet home calcutta

hi guys ...
here i am , on the road again ... i am going back home after more than a month ... sumthing unthinkable even a year back in my home ... mom , dad and grandma have kept such a close vigil on me thru my so-called "formative" years that for them the fact that their dear (grand)son would stay away from them for even a moment was unbearable to them ... that was the reason why you could see me haunting the phone booth everyday queuing for hours on end to catch a few moments of conversation time with them ... but now those days seem a distant memory ... at the moment my parents feel lucky if i call at least once every week ... it is so difficult for me to keep these schedules u see ... the crushing weight of studies a burden so heavy that the smallest phone calls seem to be an atrocious extravagance ...
is that the truth ?? or has the overwhelming nature of my "extra-curricular" activities has taken its toll on my 'acads' to such an extent that i am ashamed to face up to the reality ??
perhaps it is true ... perhaps not ...
it is up to me to find out and make right ...
till then it just weighs on my mind every single moment ...
so much for introspection ... a lot of bullshit ...
so much for soul-searching ...
so long ... farewell ...

No comments: